Saturday, January 25, 2014

cvv Sparta Enschede (Holland)




cvv Sparta Enschede, or Christelijke Voetbalvereniging Sparta Enschede to give them their full title, are an amateur football club based in the northern edge of the city of Enschede in the north east of The Netherlands. The cvv in the title refers to the Christian background to the club when it was first formed on April 21st 1921.














Sparta play their football on a Saturday owing their background. The period before World War Two were probably the clubs most halcyon period as they lifted the CNVB championship in 1935, 1937, 1938 and 1938.


Sparta returned to honours in 2004 when they won the Derde (third) Klasse title and promotion. In 2012 there were further celebrations at Sportpark Schreurserve as the Tweete (second) Klasse championship was secured meaning that the club would be playing in the third tier of amateur football, and the fifth tier nationally for the 2012-13 campaign.











cvv Sparta will play in Erste Klasse Zaterdag Oost (First Class Saturday - East) in the 2013-14 season.


My visit

Saturday 18th January 2014











It was my first day adventuring in Holland and I was keen to have a look at the amateur set up near to the towns I was staying in. After arriving in central Enschede after a trip to vv Rigtersbleek I took the no.62 to Kotkampweg, from where I just had to cross over Oldenzaalsestraat to find the entrance to the venue open.

Several parents were dropping off their young girls for football training on the artificial pitch near to the clubhouse. I walked around the corner to the main pitch, to find an impressive set up around the artificial surface at Sportpark Schreurserve.











A fine seated stand straddled the half way line to my right, with the dug outs and a raised scoreboard opposite. Hard standing and then grass surrounded the floodlit arena. As with many amateur set ups there were several raised advertising boards and flags on display.

I was pleased with my work, yet another venue across the hedge was catching my attention. Although I did keen research before hand I was unaware of another club sitting adjacent. My ‘bonus’ club turned out to be VOSTA.














No comments:

Post a Comment