Monday, February 10, 2014

SC Oranje Zwart Helmond (Holland)



SC Oranje Zwart Helmond, or Sportclub Oranje Zwart Helmond is an amateur football club from the small city of Helmond in the south east of The Netherlands. The club were formed on August 1st 1970, joining regional Sunday football.



SC Oranje Zwart Helmond will play in Vijfde Klasse Zontag – Zuid II (Fifth Class Sunday – South II) in the 2013-14 season.


My visit

Tuesday 21st January 2014



My visit to see the stadium of Helmond Sport was paying dividends. I noted that the Stadion De Braak had other pitches around it from my research on Google Maps, but I presumed that they were just training pitches for the club. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see that at least a couple were homes to other amateur outfits.



I’d already come across SC Helmondia and the main stadium and was heading back to the railway station, when I found the final pitch at the Sportpark De Braak complex.



The grass pitch was railed and had hard standing down the side, where the changing rooms and clubhouse were also located. A sign on the outside of the building revealed it was the home of Oranje Zwart, which translated is orange and black to reveal the clubs colours.












Most satisfied with my visit I decided to try and take a shortcut and maybe see the city centre. Instead I found lots of newish low cost identical housing in what to be honest, was a pretty uninspiring place.






No comments:

Post a Comment